We are scheduled to meet with Dr. Roten, the pediatric cardiologist, on Jan. 6th. She will do an echocardiogram on Laiken and determine from there the extent of her heart defect. The defect they think she has is called atrioventricular canal defect. I don't really know too much about it since I have decided not to scour the internet like a mad woman...and I was told by family and friends that it is best to hear from the Dr. rather than try to make my own assessment of the situation. Besides, I don't want to read something that scares me for the next two weeks.
I also wanted to add that our annual Girl's Christmas party was this past week and I just wanted to thank all of you girls for your support and prayers as we go through this. You will never know how much it means to us to have so many wonderful people in our lives that care so much for our precious baby girl!! Thank you all again, and it was great to see all of you.
12.22.2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




4 comments:
Praying for you guys...Love you!!!
Waiting to meet with the doctor rather than consulting "Dr. Google" is probably a good idea. Online information can be overwhelming when you do not know what you are dealing with.
I will be praying for Laiken and her health and hoping you get good news from the cadiologist.
Just wanted to let you know that I have you on the prayer list at our church. There are many, many, many people praying for you and Baby Laiken. Take care.
there is nothing impossible through prayers..
Post a Comment