7.16.2009

Three Months Old!!!

Okay, I know, and I am not even going to try to make excuses but we really have been super busy so sorry for not updating in a whole month...to the day! =( Laiken has been growing like a weed lately. She was almost 9 1/2 pounds and right under 23 inches long last Thursday when we went to the GI dr. Why were we at the GI dr. you ask? Because since Laiken was about a month old she has been throwing up but not just normal throw up... it's this violent, coughing, choking throw up that scares the hell right out of you. So we have been trying to solve this mystery since she wasn't gaining weight by going to a slew of drs. and putting her on prevacid. We did find out that she has gallstones, not real sure how that came about but her pedi. said that 1 out of 20 babies with Downs get them. Who knows why, but I was told to watch for signs of a blockage and we will be doing an upper GI sometime after her heart surgery. Her cardiologist just added another medicine to her daily regimine and that one seems to have really helped! She has tons more energy, eats better and "talks" and plays alot more now too. Now that also means she throws fits a little harder than before but I'll take it happily now that she seems to feel better!

Laiken is also starting to feel the effects of heart failure. Apparently, they expect this to happen but it's still scary and now that she is showing those signs, her surgery will probably be scheduled sooner rather than later. That is just me guessing but since the surgery is inevitable I would assume they will not make her wait. Fine by me though, I want this surgery to be a distant memory so as soon as we can get it done the sooner it will be a part of our past!

Roddy's birthday is this weekend and we are having our first date night since Laiken was born...we are going to see Harry Potter and to hang out at Dave & Busters. I am so excited but at the same time sad to leave our girl! My little sidekick has been with me for almost a year now so our weekends are precious but I know Roddy and I need some time together too!

Anyway, that is enough about us for now, on to the pictures!!!

















8 comments:

Jessica said...

Thank you, thank you for the update. I love the pictures. She is getting so big. I love the rolls in her arms and legs. I want to just eat her up. Thanks again for the update and pics. I mis you guys so much, I wish I were there and have a great weekend with Roddy.
Love you.

The Davis Daily said...

I love all the pictures! Especially the one with the bow and when she is sticking her tongue out! She is so cute!!

Samantha West said...

All the pictures are so stinking cute...she is beautiful. I hope the surgery is soon in your past, and little Miss Laiken is on her road to recovery! As always you guys are in my thoughts and prayers! Lots and Lots of Love! XOXO ~ Sam

Nana said...

Oh Leah! She is so precious! She is truly your gift from God. Thanks for the update.

Ashley said...

WOOHOO! You're back :) She is beautiful! Great pictures!

The throwing up and choking sounds very scary... poor baby. I hope the gallstones are not causing her pain. Keep us posted on her heart surgery. I will be praying for her and you guys! I cannot imagine how stressful this must be.

I hope you guys have a great date night this weekend.

Blankenship Babbles said...

Well everyone has pretty much said it...she is too stinkin cute!! I want snuggle right up next to her. I know as surgery approaches you have to be anxious, but you are so right the sooner it's done the sooner it's in y'alls past. Please let me know if I can do anything to help...I'm a block away...and Nina is dying to play with her girlfriend. Hang in there honey...I Love you...and Oh Yeah, Happy Birthday Rod-Dog...you are one lucky fella to have these 2 ladies.

xoxo - Auntie M

Parker's Paradise said...

I'm so sorry that that your beautiful little girl has been throwing up!! Not fun!! She really is a precious little one! I love checking the blog and seeing pictures and getting updates on your sweet baby girl!

Betty said...

I'm so sorry she has been throwing up and has gallstones. Poor baby! But the pictures are too cute and she looks so sweet with he sleepy eye pics. What a cutie pie!

And believe me, I understand about not having/finding the time to update the blog. I would much rather be spending every spare minute I have with Sophie than on the computer. ;)