First off, Jace made it home on Sunday, the 7th so he was only in the hospital from Feb 3-7th...surely that must be some sort of record! So, thank you all for the prayers and well wishes, they obviously helped!
Now for the bad news...Laiken has to get toobies in her ears. =( I feel bad for her but I know this will help tremendously and apparently this is like a rite of passage for our chromosomally enhanced children. Dr. Palmer will be performing her surgery March 5th and we are thankful once again to not have to travel far for the best children's hospital I have ever been to! At our first appointment with Dr. Palmer back in October he told me that Laiken would probably get tubes before the 18 month mark and now that she has had two ear infections in two months he says with our special kiddos we don't sit around a wait for it to clear up, we fix it so there is no hearing loss. Speaking of hearing loss...my BIG baby, Roddy, was also checked out by Dr. Palmer and told he had significant hearing loss and was recommended to get musicians hearing aides for now with the possibility of real hearing aides in the near future. =( So now I am supposed to feel bad when I get mad at Roddy for not hearing me I guess...Man, that is going to take some getting used too!!
2.11.2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




1 comment:
Glad to hear Jace is home and doing well.
Poor Laiken! I hope the tubes will keep her ear infection free. I am sorry to hear about Roddy's hearing loss. I hope it will not progress any further.
Post a Comment