Oh, Miss Laiken, you are growing up way too fast! You have really perked up this past month and are always talking and making the us laugh with all your new expressions!
You are eating mostly stage 2 baby foods still but you like a few stage 3 and just the other day you had some rotisserie chicken and a third of my sweet potato mixed with yogurt...you gobbled it up! You have been eating yogurt everyday due for the past couple months thanks to being on antibiotics and your poo issues so thank heavens for your pedi. suggesting some Activia!! Your therapist wants you to start eating soft cubed food and you will but you are pretty stubborn about feeding yourself...I think you like to feel like royalty and have someone else do it.
You are wearing six-nine month clothes although you are starting to get too long for your six month jammies now. As far as diapers, size 3's are still fitting nicely and I don't think we will be stepping up in size anytime soon.
I have started planning your Birthday party which makes me both happy and sad. Sad because I can't believe you are almost a year old and I feel like every time I blink it's time to roll the calendar again. Oh, so happy though because Baby, we had a rough start and lots to overcome and you came through everything like a champ! You inspire me everyday to enjoy life and not to sit around waiting for the bad to happen but rolling around in the good and trying to make every day go by as slowly as possible. I figure the bad tends to find you if you are looking for it so lets try to run in the sunshine as long as possible...btw, I am talking to you sunshine...could you come back real soon...I don't think I have had warm feet in like 6 months. Thanks.
Laiken, I about to take you in for a x-ray cause you still have no chompers, and as much as I love a gummy smile...this is getting a little silly! =) Don't worry though, you still get birthday cake and ice cream...teeth or no teeth!
As for activity, you love to roll around on the floor, in the bed and anywhere else you may be but crawling is something you simply are not interested in. Your therapist is going to be bring you some hip helpers to make your hips a little more stable. I think you could do it if you really wanted to but I think you roll faster and you know it! We are supposed to place your toys out of reach to intice you to crawl to them and it does intice but if you are sitting up you gently knock yourself over and...you guessed it...roll to it. We will have to see what these hip helpers can do for you.
Words are another thing, you only say the bad one...Dada and mmm when we eat. =) We are working on Mama, ba-ba, and Nana. You also like to spit and blow raspberries...all cute until dinner time. Now we have been on a hunt for larger bibs. Luckily, bath time is one of your absolute favorite things in the whole wide world! Love you Laiken! Thanks for making life so much fun!!
2.16.2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




6 comments:
You are doing so good Laiken Baiken...Keep on Keeping on :) And I'm with you...I'd much rather be pampered then have to do it all myself :)~ You go girl! Can't wait till your party!!! :)
This is one of my favorite posts I think I've ever read, Leah, and you know how many blogs I read! I am so happy to hear how well Miss Laiken is doing, and I can't wait to see what her mama and dada have in store for her birthday party! Thank you for the update, and I hope to see you before that birthday comes along! Love you all. xoxo~aunt nessa
I can't believe how fast 10 months has flown by...and you are almost a year old...quit growing :(
I want you to teach me how to blow raspberries...that sounds awesome! I think Mama needs to get a video of that and share with all of us :)
Love you guys,
Aunt Scham
She is just tooo stinkin cute!! You need to put up some more pictures of the little beauty!!! Love you guys!!!
It's amazing how fast those 1st birthdays sneak up on you!
Laiken sounds like a smart girl... she's already got it figured out that being waited on is better than doing it yourself! That princess personality is shining through :)
Can't wait to see some new pictures of little miss!
Awe...I still have yet to see li'l Laiken in person. I've been planning Sophie's first birthday party as well. It sounds like Laiken is doing wonderful.
Oh and my my ex's oldest son didn't get any teeth at all until after his 1st birthday. Sophie still only has 2.
Post a Comment