So, today also marks 5 weeks for our little monkey!! We still are so eager to see it, even if it is tiny, I just want to see something!!! Hopefully at tomorrow's appointment we will found out when that will be. Here's what's going on development wise:
Now at 5 weeks the central nervous system, muscles, bones and even the heart will begin to form. Early skeletal development is also possible. The heart will begin to divide into separate chambers and start pumping blood. The heart is formed from the middle layer of cells called the mesoderm. Other organs that will develop from this layer include the muscles, cartilage and bone. The primitive placenta and umbilical cord are also developing. The neural tube starts developing in the top layer of cells called the ectoderm. The skin, hair, nails and sweat glands will also develop out of this layer of cells. The lungs, intestines, thyroid and pancreas also develop from a third layer of cells called the endoderm.
Wow, there sure is a lot going on in there!! I haven't noticed much yet, a little tired, and moody but nothing too unusual. Well, other than my "aversions". =) Look at how much our little monkey has grown in just a week's time!! WHOA!!

Week 4-The poppy seed

Week 5-The much older and more mature sesame seed. =)

This is just a stock picture since I haven't had a chance to upload my actual pictures but there was a mylar balloon that said congratulations attached and the card said "Eat up mommy!! You need your strength! Love, Roddy"
I think I am falling in love with him all over again!! =P




4 comments:
Happy 4 years y'all!!! Can't wait to hear your new numbers and hear what the Dr's have to say...hope you guys had a nice evening!! XOXO
Happy Anniversary! This will definitely be one you will cherish forever. I am enjoying keeping up with the baby's progress. Listen to your body...it will tell you what you need....if it's pickles at midnight, so be it! I must have eaten 50 gallons of ice cream when I was pregnant with Wade! Some of my best memories were when your mother and I were pregnant at the same time. Enjoy every minute of it!
Love,
(Soon to be) Great Aunt Becky
I just had to say how much I love what Roddy sent on your fruit bouquet card. That is so adorable. I'm thrilled you're falling in love all over again. You deserve all the happiness in the world. I love you guys. Happy Day After Your Anniversary! :)
Wow Leah, happy anniversary and CONGRATULATIONS!!! That is soooo awesome! I am sooo excited for you guys! You are joining the mommy club! Keep me updated and make sure you put up some pics of that cute little belly when you start growing!! Loves-Abby
Post a Comment