8.14.2008

We are having the Best Week Ever!!

Saturday night it all began, my ta-ta's were acting funny, kind of like before Aunt Flo comes into town. So I immediately began to think it just wasn't our month...again. Well, Sunday Roddy and I go swimming and I noticed that my ta-ta's were trying to escape out of the top of this swimsuit and Roddy definitely noticed too!! We decided to grab a dollar store test and it was SO faint that we were both squinting and took it outside to look for better lighting. Staring intently we both were thinking there's a little something there but we would try again in a couple days.

Monday comes and I refer to my "expert" on all things baby, Mandy, who immediately tells me I am going to the store on my lunch break so she can see for herself. So off I go on my mission and find a pack that has a regular test and a digital test. Armed with my CVS bag in hand I dash into the restroom at work and there it is, a little blue + sign, still faint but more visible than the day before. Well, I think I was in a state of shock and I called Roddy and told him my new discovery, we decided right then that the digital was to be done before the end of the day.

3:00 rolls around and the urge to "go" strikes again so off we go, we being myself, Sam , and our in house expert Mandy. Little did I know that the digitals take a while to decide your fate so after a bit Mandy and I get distracted only to hear a GASP out of Sam. So, there we are in our bathroom at work giving hugs and taking pictures of this precious little pee stick that has just brought me so much joy!

From there we run to Shirley's office and show her and Von and do the hugs all over again!! Roddy was immediately sent about 10 pictures of the test including a few in the flowers that we have in our restroom at work! Too funny, thanks Mandy!! =) Then I gave my doc a call and scheduled a blood test so we could share all of this with everyone. The results came back yesterday...you are definitely pregnant...those were the nurses exact words, we have waited so long to hear that, it was truly awesome!! I go in tomorrow to find out how much our little monkey has grown and to hopefully make an appointment for the first pictures, which they already said would be in about two weeks!!

Thanks everyone for all your congrats and well wishes, it means the world to us to have so many people that care so much!!

YIPPEE!!!

4 comments:

vanessa aleji said...

Aww, for the first time in a long time, I'm sad to not work at UBS still! I missed out on the bathroom huggins!

Can't wait to see you tonight, so I can whisper sweetness to your tum tum. OMG! I wonder if I'm gonna be an aunt or an uncle! ;)

xoxo~
v

Blankenship Babbles said...

WooHoo...In house Prego Wego Woman at your service...I will be your personal Doula :) I think you should atleast post the flower pic for the world to see...it is such a beautiful picture :)~ Love you ALL bunches...and yes I caught the ALL lastnight in my Texted...and it made me smile huge for you guys...XOXO

Anonymous said...

That is just the most exciting news ever! You and Roddy will be the most wonderful parents and I know that you have been waiting for this day to come! I cannot wait to keep up with you and your little Monkey for next 9 months! Congrats!
Lin

Anonymous said...

Who's this Mandy girl?!?!? She sounds bossy!!! :)~