8.27.2008

I LOVE Surprises!!!!!!!

Just ask my Dad...I almost gave him a heart attack on his birthday a couple years ago. =)

Anyhow, on Thursday, our actual anniversary, we hung out at the house and grilled steaks...very yummy dinner...thanks Hubby!! Well, earlier that day I was trying to think of a way to surprise him and it hit me...fondue!! We had done a cheese fondue at home for Valentine's and Roddy really enjoyed it so I thought going somewhere would be a blast! I called The Melting Pot and made reservations for Saturday...thanks Stacy for the heads up on reserving a time!! We had already planned on going to Ikea on Saturday so we get up bright and early...which is not one of Hubby's favorite things...and head out. We were done shopping and on our way home I suggested swinging by Old Navy, which happens to be right across the street from The Melting Pot. =) I had already packed a bag of nicer clothes and shoes for both of us but I let him in on the secret and told him that if he did not like what I had picked out he had about an hour to find something else. Good thing we did have a little time to shop...the shirt I brought him had a freakin' hole in it...I was wondering why he hadn't been wearing it.=) So, with his brand new shirt on, off we went, and it was AWESOME!!! Not something I would do all the time but we will definitely do again! We were so full by the time we left I could barely keep my eyes open on the way home...me and baby were on chocolate overload!! =) They even gave us an anniversary card, too cool!!




Stay tuned for baby's 6 week update tomorrow!!