12.11.2008

21 Weeks!!




Your baby is still pretty active and continues to move all over in the amniotic fluid. However, towards the end of this trimester the baby will begin to settle, usually in a head down position. Your baby is beginning to show evidence of eyebrows and eyelashes and the hair on his scalp is much more visible. He wakes and sleeps in regular intervals, similar to what a newborn would do. This may be apparent to you by his movement patterns. He regularly ingests and absorbs large quantities of the amniotic fluid and excretes urine. Your baby is approximately 27-30 cm (11 inches) and weighs about three quarters of a pound.

You may soon feel like she's practicing martial arts as her initial fluttering movements turn into full-fledged kicks and nudges. You may also discover a pattern to her activity as you get to know her better. In other developments, your baby's eyebrows and lids are present now, and if you're having a girl, her vagina has begun to form as well.

Our big news for this week...Roddy felt little Laiken doing gymnastics!!! She completely rolled over and so he felt her flipping!!! It was such an awesome moment!! That happened Wednesday night and then the next day he felt her practicing tae-bo...Billy Blanks style!! =)

We had a doctor's appt. this week as well, everything is fine, we are measuring right where we should be. I have gained three pounds so far and although no woman ever likes to gain weight it's nice to know it's from Laiken rather than too much Casa or fries. =)

Painting is about to start on her room this weekend and hopefully we will have some pictures to post of that soon...speaking of pictures I think I owe you all a few!!

21

3 comments:

Ashley said...

Glad Laiken is moving around so much and that Roddy was able to feel her :)

Can't wait to see some pictures!

vanessa aleji said...

OMG, your tae-bo comment made me literally LOL. I love you so much, girly, and I love being a part of your updates. This is such an exciting time in your life, and I'm really happy that you and Roddy are getting to experience some of that crazy cool stuff together finally, like gymnastics. You two are gonna be awesome parents, and I can't wait to meet little miss Laiken.

xoxo~
Vanessa

Blankenship Babbles said...

GROW MONKEY GROW!!! Your 19 to 21 week pic you can definitely see the pop...I am so happy RodDog felt the little Missy...I told you it would happen...hope you didn't tell him I felt her first :) Nah Nah Boo Boo :) Just Kidding, sorta :)

XOXO - Auntie M