3.05.2010

Toobin'

Today was ear tube day and after fretting and pouting about Laiken's SECOND surgery in her ten months, two weeks and three days in existence we got the show on the road. I say show, it was more like a long commercial break (if you watch Grey's or Lost you know exactly what I am talking about) The entire time spent apart~10 minutes on the dot, we no more than went into the other waiting room and I took a potty break and her comes Dr. Palmer, AKA ear toobie genius, to say Laiken was fine and they would get us in a minute. Elated doesn't even begin to describe it. Although she was upset at first, Laiken took a nap and was back to her normal cheerful in no time. We even went to breakfast afterward...only cause Dr. Palmer said we could, we didn't even ask he just said, "she is going to be a little groggy but not in any pain, she will probably take a good nap so go grab breakfast and carry on like normal" We were at the hospital at 5:30 and on the road to go home by 7:40! We didn't even get to see Vanessa since her work day, like most of us, starts at 8:00. I knew this was going to be easy, nothing compared to last time, but I was a little worried since the day before at pre-op I was reminded that sometimes our kiddos with Down syndrome react a little differently to anesthesia, and she would have to be monitored a because of her heart history too. Here are a few pictures of Laiken prior to surgery...there were no after cause we weren't there but about 10 minutes after and then she was asleep! I am so glad she is a better patient than her Daddy!
Roddy says her arms look like the Michelin Man!



She is rolling her tongue in this one!


2 comments:

ch said...

Oh, you SWEET pudding! We are so happy your toobies are in your pretty ears and hope you stay feeling good, good, good!

(We were super surprised by all the sounds LC had been missing before tubes...we had no idea! The first bath she took after her toobies was QUITE a startling experience!)

marcy said...

Her arms are way cuter than the Michelin Man!!! We love Dr. Palmer-he took care of Ben's sad ears, too.