10.02.2008

11 weeks



Your baby, just over 1 1/2 inches long and about the size of a fig, is now almost fully formed. Her hands will soon open and close into fists, tiny tooth buds are beginning to appear under her gums, and some of her bones are beginning to harden.

She's already busy kicking and stretching, and her tiny movements are so effortless they look like water ballet. These movements will become more frequent as her body grows and becomes more developed and functional. You won't feel your baby's acrobatics for another month or two — nor will you notice the hiccuping that may be happening now that her diaphragm is forming.




I meant to bring the camera with me so that I could get some video of our ultrasound but due to the reasoning behind it I didn't want video if some thing would have been wrong. At our appointment next week I will have the camera ready...which by the way is a brand new one...just like Ashton's! ( THANKS DAD!!)

Photobucket
Here is the ultrasound picture from 9 weeks and one day...baby was measuring right at one inch. This is showing the baby straight on, you can see the arms out to the side and legs down at the bottom.


Photobucket
This is the picture from yesterday...10 weeks 6 days. Not as clear of a pic as last time but as you read in the last post baby just wouldn't sit still! You can see where the little spine is forming and the little monkey's profile. =) Hopefully we will have a video for next weeks update.

3 comments:

Ashley said...

Leah,

How scary! I am so sorry you are going through this, but very happy to hear Baby Neff is doing great. I hope the bedrest will help the blood clot absorb back into your body. Hopefully the pesky fibroid will leave you and Baby Neff alone for the next 29 weeks.

You guys will be in my thoughts and prayers.

Congrats on another week down!

Ashley

Betty said...

Where are you finding these pictures of the baby's size? At 11 weeks, the Bump said the baby was the size of a lime for us. I like how they have them next to a quarter.

Hope everything with that fibroid turns out okay and you don't have to stay on bedrest much longer.

~Betty

Baxter Becky said...

Leah,

Sorry to hear about your scare...hope everything is now okay and stays that way. I'm sure you guys were petrified.

Hope you had a great birthday.

Love,
Aunt Becky