10.02.2008

ER...

and not the TV show. =( Unfortunately late Saturday night I went to the restroom and was stunned to see bright red blood when I wiped. So I looked down and to every preggo's horror saw three blood clots about the size of nickels. Off we went at 12:30 to the lovely emergency room, which is a popular place on a Saturday night. We got back and did a pelvic exam, urine sample and sonogram...all of which turn out fine thankfully! I am told to stay on bedrest until I can talk to my OB on Monday.

I called my OB Monday the minute they opened and was told to stay on bedrest the rest of the week and to call back if any more bleeding occurred. Well, then on Wednesday as soon as I woke up and went to the restroom, once again bright red blood. So I call the nurse and was told to come in as soon as possible. Roddy came to get me and off we went.

When we got to the doc's office we were pleasantly surprised to see the Blankenship's there as well! I guess because of the complications we didn't have to wait very long and were taken back for blood work, a pelvic and another sonogram. On the way to the doctor I had been drinking some OJ after hearing it can help to make the baby a little more lively and boy did it work!! Baby Neff had a strong heart beat and was bouncing around so much that the doctor was having a hard time measuring the little monkey! I was so proud and relived to see that whatever was going on and causing us so much stress certainly didn't seem to be affecting baby at all. After the measurements and a view of baby's heartbeat he searched around for any evidence of an evil culprit, and there it was, a fibroid and a blood clot. A fibroid is a tumor on your uterus and while it normally can go unnoticed, when pregnant it likes to "share" in on your hormones and added nutrients and grow right along with baby. This fibroid could have been the cause for the blood clot and subsequent bleeding. So, my bedrest has been extended to next Thursday in hopes that this clot will absorb back into my body and quit disturbing my happy pregnancy. The fibroid will be monitored right along side baby and will hopefully go back down once baby is born and it quits mooching off of us.

For now everything looks good and if all goes well I will be off of bedrest next week and able to enjoy the remainder of this pregnancy without anymore cause for concern. I wanted to post about this earlier but until yesterday we were unsure of Baby Neff's fate but now after reassurance yesterday from Dr. Z I pray the worst is behind us.

3 comments:

Ashley said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

I'm sorry to hear about your complications honey but just know that the big man upstairs is watching over you and your little monkey! I'll be praying for you.

Love,
Stacy

Blankenship Babbles said...

Not a minute goes by that I'm not thinking of you and that little monkey sitting on the couch soaking up the wonderful entertainment I brought to you :)~ I'm so sorry you are stuck on bedrest, but I'm praying and hoping this is the worst of it too...and that by Thursday you'll be released to do all your regular activities :) Call me if you need anything, I'm only a few blocks away :)