
The most dramatic development this week: reflexes. Your baby's fingers will soon begin to open and close, his toes will curl, his eye muscles will clench, and his mouth will make sucking movements. In fact, if you prod your abdomen, your baby will squirm in response, although you won't be able to feel it. His intestines, which have grown so fast that they protrude into the umbilical cord, will start to move into his abdominal cavity about now, and his kidneys will begin excreting urine into his bladder.
Meanwhile, nerve cells are multiplying rapidly, and in your baby's brain, synapses are forming furiously. His face looks unquestionably human: His eyes have moved from the sides to the front of his head, and his ears are right where they should be. From crown to rump, your baby-to-be is just over 2 inches long (about the size of a lime) and weighs half an ounce.
So, our follow up appointment went well, we were told that the blood clot is getting smaller but that we are not out of the woods completely until the entire blood clot is gone. He also said I am off of bedrest but that I still need to take it easy. No lifting and things of that nature. I am going to attempt to go back to work on Monday, going every other day this coming week, and depending on what my doctor says next Thursday when I go back I will reassess my work situation then. We can not believe how much bigger the baby gets every time we go in, and Roddy can't understand how I feel none of the little monkey's acrobatics. It's just a matter of weeks before I have more than heartburn keeping me up at night...and I can't wait!! I know I promised video this time but my camera man was having technical difficulties even though we did training in the waiting room!! =) So, we will work on this and try to do better next week. Here are ultrasound pictures from this week, baby is measuring right under 6cm...whoa! Oh, and I found out we will do a gender scan at 18 weeks...only 6 weeks until I break out the credit cards!!! =)


We can't wait to meet you little one!!




2 comments:
I am happy to hear that things are looking better with the blood clot. I hope by Thursday's appointment it will be completely gone.
I hear you on breaking out the credit cards... I will be in trouble next week!
I need an update on your little monkey! I've been thinking about you....hope you are feel ok and everything went good at the doctors!
Post a Comment