11.27.2008

19 Weeks!!




If baby is female the uterus starts to develop, the vagina, uterus, and fallopian tubes are in place. Females have a limited supply of eggs in their lifetime. At this point your daughter will have 6 million eggs. This amount decreases to approximately one million by birth. If it's a boy, the genitals are distinct and recognizable. Even if the sex looks obvious, ultrasound operators have been known to make mistakes. (I sure hope not...we have already been shopping!)

Baby's legs are reaching their relative size and with the increase muscle development occurring as well, you will start feeling much more than tiny flutter kicks soon. If you have not felt movement yet, you will soon. Your baby will increase its weight by more than 15 times between now and delivery.

Your baby's size is around 6.5 inches (17cm) and 9 ounces (250gm)

I am still feeling fine and I think Miss Laiken is definitely letting her presence be know. It seems as though early in the morning I don't really even look pregnant but then by the end of the day due to either lunch or gravity, she is sticking out again. It's kind of funny! I feel her almost day now and although it's light I get a little freaked out now when I don't feel her. Luck for me Mandy shared her info on the doppler and I have my own now to check on her when she's not so active. Wow, I still can't believe we are almost half way through this pregnancy...before we know it she will be here!!

19

1 comment:

Ashley said...

Glad to hear you are feeling well and that Miss Laiken is letting you know she is in there! It is such an incredible feeling!