1.02.2009

24 Weeks!!




Your baby's growing steadily, having gained about 4 ounces since last week. That puts him at just over a pound. Since he's almost a foot long (picture an ear of corn), he cuts a pretty lean figure at this point, but his body is filling out proportionally and he'll soon start to plump up. His brain is also growing quickly now, and his taste buds are continuing to develop. His lungs are developing "branches" of the respiratory "tree" as well as cells that produce surfactant, a substance that will help his air sacs inflate once he hits the outside world. His skin is still thin and translucent, but that will start to change soon.

I also read that my uterus is the size of a soccer ball now!! WHOA!! I am still feeling great although sleeping is no where near as comfortable as it used to be since I normally sleep on my stomach. Laiken is definitely getting stronger and she amazes Roddy and I every day . Her kicks are now broken down into regular and super kicks. You have to be lucky to catch a super kick, so far only Roddy and her Uncle Scott have felt those!

I hope everyone enjoyed the holidays and that everyone has a wonderful 2009!!

5 comments:

Ashley said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ashley said...

The weeks sure are flying by! I am glad to hear that Laiken is giving you and Roddy lots of entertainment!

Still praying for good news next week.

Blankenship Babbles said...

Ummm someone hasn't posted a belly shot lately....hmmmm...She is growing like crazy and I remember hitting 24 weeks with Jols and sighing a little relief since it is the viability mark...good job Momma...I am praying for the good news next week too...we all are!!! Hang in there...Lots of hugs and kisses!!!

Nana said...

Leah -- Still keeping you in our prayers! Also I got your fabric for Laiken's room. I took Brody's stuff over to LeAnn's earlier this evening. So now I am ready to start on Laiken's stuff. Barbara

Ashley said...

Thinking about you guys today. I hope you got good news at your appointment today.