
The network of nerves in your baby's ears is better developed and more sensitive than before. He may now be able to hear both your voice and your partner's as you chat with each other. He's inhaling and exhaling small amounts of amniotic fluid, which is essential for the development of his lungs. These so-called breathing movements are also good practice for when he's born and takes that first gulp of air. And he's continuing to put on baby fat. He now weighs about a pound and two-thirds and measures 14 inches (an English hothouse cucumber) from head to heel. If you're having a boy, his testicles are beginning to descend into his scrotum — a trip that will take about two to three days.
I found out that I passed my second glucose test (YAY!) but that now I am anemic (BOO). Now I get to take these giant iron pills that are about a dollar a pill. Nice huh?!? Hopefully, I can try to adjust my diet and not have to take them the rest of my pregnancy. Bring on the steak dinners!! =) Anyhow, everything has been going well and we see our perinatologist again tomorrow so I will try to see if he can give me any new pictures of Laiken. Roddy and I are thinking about doing the 3D sono in a few weeks...we keep going back and forth since it is kind of expensive. Then again everything is expensive when it comes to babies and weddings...people know where you'll spend a little extra huh?!? =)




2 comments:
Congrats on passing the glucose test... keep the dessert coming! I have to take iron pills, too because I am anemic. I got the slow release ones the pharmacist recommended. Hope you guys can get some more pictures tomorrow.
Yes, everything baby is expensive. It is definitely another industry (like weddings) that knows people will pay for it :) I know we spent more than double for Carter's bedding set than we did on our own king set!
Yay for passing the glucose test. I assume I did as well since I never heard anything. We want to get the 3D sono done too since we have no profile pictures. I think we may go to Stork Vision unless I find something cheaper. Let me know if you find any specials over the next month!
Post a Comment