1.22.2009

Third Trimester!!!





This week, your baby weighs almost 2 pounds (like a head of cauliflower) and is about 14 1/2 inches long with her legs extended. She's sleeping and waking at regular intervals, opening and closing her eyes, and perhaps even sucking her fingers. With more brain tissue developing, your baby's brain is very active now. While her lungs are still immature, they would be capable of functioning — with a lot of medical help — if she were to be born now. Chalk up any tiny rhythmic movements you may be feeling to a case of baby hiccups, which may be common from now on. Each episode usually lasts only a few moments, and they don't bother her, so just relax and enjoy the tickle.


We can tell that Laiken is getting stronger, since her activity can no longer be ignored. She has these little spurts of energy a couple times throughout the day that just crack us up. My whole belly will move from her now and we still have 13 weeks to go!!

Obviously, we didn't get any pictures from our last Doctor's appointment but they did measure her and she is measuring a few days behind but Dr. Thigpen said since we are both "small people" he is not surprised that she would be a little small too. Still didn't see any "downs markers" but that doesn't really mean much either way. I did start to question our decision not to do an amnio but after talking to the Dr. we decided once and for all that we will just wait until delivery day to find out anything else. Speaking of delivery day, I can't believe we only have 13 weeks to go!! We are on the last leg of this journey and I can't wait until we meet our baby girl!!! We love you Miss Laiken!!!

4 comments:

Ashley said...

I am glad that Laiken is showing you guys how strong she is. From everything I have been told and read, babies measuring ahead or behind by several days is no big deal.

You guys seem so strong and positive about all of this and that is amazing. I am praying that Laiken will be a healthy and happy baby girl!

Post some nursery pics soon, so we can see what is going on in Miss Laiken's room!

Lin Jeanis said...

Yeah! Third trimester is exciting, almost there! I know the next 13 weeks will fly by for you and Roddy and little Laiken will be here before we know it!

The Davis Daily said...

Miss Laiken I cant believe that you are almost here and are going to fulfill a life long dream for your mommy and daddy! We all cant wait to see and meet you!

Anonymous said...

I can't believe that you are already in your 3rd trimester, it seems like just yesterday you were sharing your wonderful news! I can't wait to meet Laiken, I know she is going to bring so much joy and happiness into your lives!

Love,
Stacy