3.05.2009

33 Weeks!!




This week your baby weighs a little over 4 pounds (heft a pineapple) and has passed the 17-inch mark. He's rapidly losing that wrinkled, alien look and his skeleton is hardening. The bones in his skull aren't fused together, which allows them to move and slightly overlap, thus making it easier for him to fit through the birth canal. (The pressure on the head during birth is so intense that many babies are born with a conehead-like appearance.) These bones don't entirely fuse until early adulthood, so they can grow as his brain and other tissue expands during infancy and childhood.


We went in again yesterday for our weekly non-stress test and passed with flying colors! She wiggled around and her heart rate was good, I had one little contraction while I was in there but I didn't notice, it just said so on the paper. Her Daddy slept in the chair during the whole thing. =) And wouldn't you know it she feel asleep while we moved from one room to the next!! She is SO her father's child!! They tried waking her and as usual it took quite a bit to wake her but as soon as they did it she was all over the place. I have a feeling she might be a bit of a sleepy-head just like Roddy...I swear he could sleep for three days straight if you let him!! Anyway, we are 33 weeks today, only 49 more days until my due date and since we are inducing anywhere from 38 to 39 weeks it even less time then that!! I am getting so anxious to meet her and I know Roddy is too, we "play" with her daily and it's so neat to feel her move when we talk to her. I have my OB appt tomorrow so I will update if we get any news!!

3 comments:

Momma Stuart said...

I can't wait to meet this little stinker. I can't believe its only 5 weeks away!! It seems like just a couple weeks ago I found out you were pregnant!! Come on Miss Laiken, we are all waiting for you!!

Ashley said...

You are getting close! I know how ready you must be to meet her :)

How's her nursery coming along? I'd love to see some pictures, if you have a chance.

Enjoy your sleep while you can... because you will be wishing for some very soon :)

Anonymous said...

Were you able to wake Roddy up when you moved rooms?! :)

I really can't believe you are less than 49 days away, that just seems crazy to me! I can't wait to meet Laiken!!

Love,
Stacy