3.19.2009

35 Weeks!!




Your baby doesn't have much room to maneuver now that he's over 18 inches long and tips the scales at 5 1/4 pounds (pick up a honeydew melon). Because it's so snug in your womb, he isn't likely to be doing somersaults anymore, but the number of times he kicks should remain about the same. His kidneys are fully developed now, and his liver can process some waste products. Most of his basic physical development is now complete — he'll spend the next few weeks putting on weight.

We had a very busy week...I have a feeling this is going to continue for the next 18-20 years =)We had our appt. with our OB on Tuesday and he said we are still looking to induce around 38 weeks and that everything is right on track. Laiken is head down still and I think she is lower now since I can breathe a little better. Shirley/Yaya and Von threw a work baby shower for Laiken and I at Mamma Mia's and it was awesome!! We had a good turn out and the food was so good. Unfortunately they had no O'Douls for Mandy and I so we settled for a Coke while Sam, Shirley and Von sipped on some cold Ultras!! Luckily Auntie Mandy never leaves home without a camera or two in tow (I will try to pick up this habit as well) so thanks to her here are a few pictures from the festivities:


Jolie is so cute!! I think Laiken dropped a little, what do you think?


Belinda's daughter and grand-daughter-Shannon and Chelsea


Miss Misty and Von in the background


Auntie Sam lovin' on Jolie


Molly and her daughter Lizzie


Heather with Holton and Jaelyn-Laiken's cousins!

Thank you ladies for the wonderful shower and all the gifts and well-wishes for Miss Laiken, we appreciate everything!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like another great day of showering you and Miss Laiken! I can't believe she will be here in a few short weeks!

Love,
Stacy

Blankenship Babbles said...

mmmm...Coke....Good!!!