9.01.2009

Home Sweet Home

Yes you heard it right, we are home! Can you believe it, only four days in the hospital for open heart surgery...have you ever heard of such a thing?!? We are excited to say the least!

Yesterday and today Laiken has been eating a ton and in such a good mood it is hard to believe she is just a few days out from a major surgery. We are so proud of our little girl and think she is simply amazing. I will leave you with some pictures...


Photobucket
Here is one Mandy took the day before our pre-op appointment...precious!


Laiken 8/28/09
Laiken right after surgery on Friday...look in the top right corner of her head...someone in surgery made her a bow out of surgical tape!


Photobucket
Yay...breathing tube and chest tube are out!


Photobucket
My Aunt kept calling her ET cause of the pulse/ox on her toe. =)


Photobucket
Feeling better and playing with Mallory Monkey

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

I said a prayer for your beautiful daughter. My daughter had two open heart surgeries when she was 6 days old and 9 months so I understand how it is. So glad to hear that things went well and she is doing good. A friend of mine, April, who follows your blog asked us to say a prayer for your family. God bless your little baby! - Mandy

Samantha West said...

She is an amazing little girl...I know that you and Roddy are so proud of her! I look forward to seeing you guys tomorrow, and can't wait to give her some hugs and kisses...take care Neff's!

XOXO ~ Aunt Sammie

Momma Stuart said...

Sooooooo glad everything went well!!!

Belinda said...

Glad to hear you are home and all our prayers for a smoothe surgery have been answered. Give her hugs and kisses and each other hugs and kisses.

Belinda

Stacy Hartley said...

Wow, I can't believe she is already home. That is awesome and amazing! You have one strong girl on your hands!

Love,
Stacy

Parker's Paradise said...

That is AMAZING! I am so happy that everything went as perfect as it did and that your sweetie pie is safe at home!

Sasha@ Blyssfulhealth said...

That is awesome!!! Way to go.

Ashley said...

Wonderful news! I am so happy to hear she is doing so well. What a strong little girl she is!

Brooke said...

So happy and thankful for Laiken's amazing recovery and excited that she's home with her family! What a beautiful, strong, amazing gift she is to this world :)

~Brooke

Betty said...

I read this the other day but didn't get to leave a comment. I just wanted to say I am so glad everything went well and that you were able to bring her home so soon!