8.19.2009

Surgery

Laiken's heart surgery is coming soon. August 28th to be exact. I am so nervous and scared yet so thankful that they are able to mend her little heart. I have a ton to say but don't really feel like pouring my heart out right now so I will keep it short. We have pre-op on the 27th and won't know what time surgery is until then so I will let you all know more as we know more. Please keep Laiken in your prayers.

10 comments:

Ashley said...

Leah,

I cannot imagine how frightening this must be for you and Roddy.

How is Laiken's weight? Has she gained enough for the surgery yet?

Laiken (and you and Roddy) will be in my prayers.

Laiken's Mommy and Daddy!! said...

She was 10 lbs even on the 13th and her surgeon said that it won't really matter if she is 10 lbs or 12 lbs and that the reason she won't gain weight is because her heart is working too hard. He could put in a NG tube or G button but it wouldn't make her gain enough weight to matter.

Thank you for the prayers!

ch said...

We'll be following Laiken's adventure and updating LC's readers on her surgery as well...we'll have lots of prayers going up for L'il Laiken and hope you'll feel free to email with anything you need/questions you have in the meantime.

littlelcboomboom@gmail.com

Parker's Paradise said...

thinking of you and praying for you!

Sasha@ Blyssfulhealth said...

Praying for Laiken and you at this difficult time. It is hard but so worth it when you see the change in energy after the surgery. My son had his avsd repaired 2 months ago. Drop by my site and read the "what I learned from heart surgery" post. You can see what things we would do differently and how to be extra careful while in the hospital.
Best of luck

Nana said...

We are praying for Laiken and her Mommy and Daddy. I will be out of town next week but will be checking with LeAnn for reports on Laiken. Love you guys!

Betty said...

I can't even imagine what you all are going through but glad you have a date set. Prayers for Laiken, you and Roddy!

The Baggett Bunch said...

We will definitely be keeping you, Laiken and Roddy in our prayers!

Parker's Paradise said...

Thinking of you and praying for you on this day and those to follow!!! With love, april

Ashley said...

Thinking of you guys today and praying all goes smoothly with Laiken's surgery.