8.03.2009

Cardiologist Appt.

It looks like surgery is going to be sooner rather than later. We don't have a set date just yet but our tentative date is set for August 28th. Our surgical consult is set for August 13th and we will know more then. They also want Laiken to be 11 pounds before surgery and right now she weighs in at 9lbs. 13 ozs. Her cardiologist warned us that if she doesn't gain enough weight she may have to go into the hospital a little early and be fed through either a ng tube (which goes up her nose and into her tummy) or possibly a g-button (which requires another surgery) so in our efforts to avoid this we have been trying to feed her as much as possible as often as possible (which is what we have always done but now we added a 2AM feeding even though she sleeps through the night). So please pray for Laiken to gain weight and to bounce back from this surgery.

4 comments:

Momma Stuart said...

Ahhhh....poor stinker.=( My thoughts and prayers are with you guys and little Laiken! Everything WILL work out!! Kisses!!

sasha said...

Praying for you and Laiken. My son had his AV Canal repaired two months ago. Are you on a high calorie formula for weight gain? I am sure your cardi would have put Laiken on this. Visit my site for my list of what I learned about the hospital and things to look out for while getting the surgery done.
ps. I love the name Laiken

Ashley said...

Poor baby! I hope she will gain the weight on her own and not have to go into the hospital early.

Please keep us posted on the surgery plans. I will keep you guys in my prayers.

Betty said...

Prayers Laiken is gaining weight with her extra night time feeding and doesn't need to be tube fed!