
Congratulations — your baby is full term! YAY!!! This means that if your baby arrives now, his lungs should be fully mature and ready to adjust to life outside the womb, even though your due date is still three weeks away.
Your baby weighs 6 1/3 pounds and measures a bit over 19 inches, head to heel (like a stalk of Swiss chard). Many babies have a full head of hair at birth, with locks from 1/2 inch to 1 1/2 inches long. But don't be surprised if your baby's hair isn't the same color as yours. Dark-haired couples are sometimes thrown for a loop when their children come out as blonds or redheads, and fair-haired couples have been surprised by Elvis look-alikes. And then, of course, some babies sport only peach fuzz.
Yeah, I have a feeling Miss Laiken is going to be a baldie like her Mama and Auntie Lynzi were!! That's okay though cause she has quite a collection of headbands thanks to her big cousins Kynleigh and Kamryn and her Nana Bev and I have been getting cute ones along the way too! Either way, hair or no hair you will be a bow head Laiken!! At least your bows will be cuter than the ones my mom put me in. I will try to find a picture of my old bows, they look straight up 80's flea market. =) Anyway, we went to the doc today and it seems I am not doing anything as of yet, no dilation or effacement at all. So, as long as our NST/BPP goes well this week, as it has this whole time, we will wait until next Wed. to do our next NST/BPP and then our OB appt. after that to re-evaluate everything and probably induce sometime the week after Easter. I already have requests to have her on the 13th which is her Uncle Scott's birthday and on the 14th which is my parents anniversary and my Aunt Becky's birthday so we will see what the docs say and maybe we can make someone happy. =) Roddy and I are both getting very anxious to meet our little girl and we can't believe that no matter what she WILL be here this month, it has just flown by!! I will try to keep our blog as up to date as possible over the next couple weeks until she gets here anyway, after that I can't make any promises. =)




3 comments:
WOW... full term! I know how exciting it is to be so close :) Good luck with the final preparations for Laiken's arrival. I hope you are feeling well.
I can't wait to see Miss Laiken with a giant bow on her head!
I cant believe she will be here soon! I cant wait to meet her and give her some cute bows! I am so very excited for you guys. Time flew by, I hope you get to have your sweet baby in your arms the week after Easter!
Love,
Casey and Amber
We are so close, Leah! I'm having a sono on Monday morning and hopefully will get a date to induce if I don't go in to labor this weekend. It's the real full moon tonight so I'm keeping my fingers crossed for that though. ;) Good luck and best wishes! Not much longer to go, yay!
Post a Comment